• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Export Image quality with watermark

Status
Not open for further replies.

magician john

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 9.2.1 on iMac
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I have just added a simple text watermark to some of my photos and Exported them in LR and then sync to my IPAD.

I have not altered any of the settings under the Edit Watermark field, yet the quality of the photos are far inferior compared to those without any watermark. So I have just added a watermark and ticked that box.

The KB for photos in general is showing 40-80 kb (with the watermark) as opposed to 700-800kb (without any watermark)

Is this to be expected or has something else happened and how can I keep a similar quality of image when exporting and syncing?

thnaks

john

what is the difference between synced to the cloud and my usual way of of attaching the lead between my iMac and ipad and allowing iTunes to sync them?

I will share the link, what exactly are you after? the metadata preset? the Lr metadata information, the photo?
copypubliclink.jpg

what is the difference between synced to the cloud and my usual way of of attaching the lead between my iMac and ipad and allowing iTunes to sync them?
When you export an image from Lightroom then there is no 'connection' between the original and the copy.
Syncing within the adobe ecosystem however does have such an connection and much information is shared between them (not all however).

In Summary.
1. You put whatever images you want synched to the Adobe cloud into a Collection. This allows you to be selective and structured in what images from your catalog you wish to synch to Adobe cloud. 2. You then set the collection to be synched to the cloud. 3. Finally, you turn on the Synch process.

It is a really simple process, but better viewed as a video tutorial. There are lots of tutorials available to explain this process.

Connecting the ipad to your Pc and copying images from one device to another over a cable is not the optimum way to integrate images from Lr on your PC to your mobile device.

This is the first tutorial I found on YouTube.. There are lots more... maybe some others may recommend other tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5rYp7cerwk

sorry but you are above my station in what you have given me. I do not even begin to understand where your images came from nor what you are trying to convey. I am a beginner and trying to learn here but please bear in mind that I need tiny steps to go through this.

In Summary.
1. You put whatever images you want synched to the Adobe cloud into a Collection. This allows you to be selective and structured in what images from your catalog you wish to synch to Adobe cloud. 2. You then set the collection to be synched to the cloud. 3. Finally, you turn on the Synch process.

It is a really simple process, but better viewed as a video tutorial. There are lots of tutorials available to explain this process.

Connecting the ipad to your Pc and copying images from one device to another over a cable is not the optimum way to integrate images from Lr on your PC to your mobile device.

This is the first tutorial I found on YouTube.. There are lots more... maybe some others may recommend other tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5rYp7cerwk
can this be done without any wifi? how does it move the photos to the ipad without the lead?

sorry but you are above my station in what you have given me. I do not even begin to understand where your images came from nor what you are trying to convey. I am a beginner and trying to learn here but please bear in mind that I need tiny steps to go through this
I'm sorry too that i'm not able to make it clear (that's why a made use of screenshots).
Let's take little steps now. Do you use Lightroom Classic?

I don't have a LR App on my ipad
Ok. For now you forget that option (we can come back on it later).
First make this collection public by clicking the button 'Make Public' in Library mode (right above the images):
ptlite-icon_32.png
makepublic.jpg

clarify please where the link is to copy and how to open on ipad?
This link is copied to the clipboard and is not visable right away. You can make it visable to rightclick somewhere (in the body of a mail message for instance) and choose 'paste'. This link becomse 'clickable' for the receiver. (it's something like this: test )

I've got the two photos "photos for sync" similar to yours but cant get them to paste on ipad. what's the best method of doing this?

This method is suitable for yourself but also to share images with others (you can send the mail to anyone you like).

However, if you don't need this and only want to use it yourself than a more easy method is to install the Lightroom App onto your ipad. That saves the following (recurring) actions:
  1. make public
  2. copy link
  3. past link
  4. mail link
  5. open link

This link is copied to the clipboard and is not visable right away. You can make it visable to rightclick somewhere (in the body of a mail message for instance) and choose 'paste'. This link becomse 'clickable' for the receiver. (it's something like this: test )
I cant see that I can paste anything onto an ipad from something I have copied from another device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back