• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Export export for 4" x 6" prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckmccollim

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version 11.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am looking for a simple solution to export photos to have 4" x 6" prints made. Most fit fine, but a few I have cropped in a non-standard 2:3 ratio way.
I found I could do this with Lightroom's Print module 'print to jpeg', setup a 4" x 6" page with a borderless image cell filling that whole page. Check 'Rotate to Fit' in the Image Settings.
"Export Resize to a FIXED 4x6 size"
Export Resize to a FIXED 4x6 size

I lose some file naming features if I use the Print module (and some other features?)

I also tried to use "Mogrify". I followed the YouTube video by Norbi Whitney linked below to set up an export and it worked well as long as I kept the canvas size square.
"Mogrify - FREE Lightroom plugin for EASY Instagram borders - Tutorial" by Norbi Whitney
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euTHg16ZRBA

As soon as I try to make the canvas size 1365 x 2048 some of the files are not created properly. I only want white bars to be added only if necessary to make the photo fit.
(I have not looked at the newest LRC 11.0 version to see if it does any different.)
Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried EXPORT with DIMENSIONS and INCHES chosen?
1635535583750.png

In terms of using 'PRINT TO JPG' borderless, I'm not sure as all the discussions I found were for printing to a printer where the printer offered a borderless option. If your print has a borderless option, try selecting that in the 'Page Setup' and see if you can set margins to 0. Also seehttps://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/print-module-print-to-jpg-borderless.8681/

Have you tried EXPORT with DIMENSIONS and INCHES chosen?
View attachment 17347

In terms of using 'PRINT TO JPG' borderless, I'm not sure as all the discussions I found were for printing to a printer where the printer offered a borderless option. If your print has a borderless option, try selecting that in the 'Page Setup' and see if you can set margins to 0. Also seehttps://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/print-module-print-to-jpg-borderless.8681/
Thank you for the suggestion and link. I carefully read linked article and also tried your suggestion as shown above with resize to 6 x 4 inches. The file exported fine, but was not full 6 x 4 file size with the test file I have that gives me trouble because of the non 2:3 ratio crop I've put on it. When I upload it to Amazon Photos to order a print, it Amazon Photos wants to enlarge the image till all sides are filled. This enlarging to fit all cuts off part of the image.

The Print to JPG in the Print module fills the empty space with white pixels to that the file is now a true 2:3 ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back