• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Develop module Export duplicates catalog entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

bardwellpeter

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Windows 10
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Lightroom Classic version: 7.0.1 [ 1142117 ]

Hi there!
Now using Lightroom Classic, for images I shoot in RAW + JPG and then stack as pairs in my Catalog (an unchanged workflow, from LR5 days).

But now I find that on exporting a JPG from my edited RAWs, into the same folder using "Stack with" and "Above", I'm apparently creating a new version of the RAW file each time... or rather, an extra Catalog entry for it, as though I'd done so!

So a simple one image, two file - after exporting JPGs sized at 1024 (Filename-41), 2048 (-21) and at Full-size (-1) from the one RAW file - ends up looking as though it contains 8 files, including the original RAW and JPG pair - however Explorer shows only the expected 5 (the camera's two and 3 JPG exports)

Any ideas?
Sorry, failed at my attempt to post examples but will add once I've found how to!

TIA, Peter

[Edit to add... turning off the "Stack With" option does at least stop the extra entry being produced, but isn't as convenient!!]

Images - which I hope aren't too big?

View of the folder in LR Catalog

- and in Explorer

Details of the Export Preset used for the Filename-41 version

Export multiplication.JPG
The folder.JPG
Exp Preset.JPG

Last edited:
I have read bug reports about this. Lightroom adds an extra entry in the catalog, so your RAW original shows four times. Right now, there is little you can do except not using the 'stack with' option until there is an update that fixes this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back