• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

export dng

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmargolis

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
IOS 7.1.1
Operating System
  1. iOS
How to export dng format from LR Mobile. I have shot dng format photos on LR Mobile and want to export them as dng files. When I export original, they export as jpg files. I do have dng format selected in the "Export as.. pull-down menu.

Use Export as. See pages 347/8 and 351 of your Edit Like a Pro book.

Thanks for your reply. The Edit Like a Pro book (Oct 2021) isn't helping me with my roadblocks. I want to export them to my LR Classic on my computer so I can edit them there. I have the photos selected on the IPhone. Export as, Original is selected. When I select Share to... I have the the options Get a Link ,Invite People, Export toCameraRoll, Export to Files, Export as... None of the icons for Air Drop, Facebook, etc are there. As I said I think the IOS version is 7.1.1. If I hit Share to... it starts rendering .jpg files.

Okay; above Get a link, do you not have Share to? then you will get Air Drop,...

A smoother way is to let them sync up to the Adobe Cloud and sync down to Classic (this keeps the original format) - Chapter 22 Cloud Sync in Classic FAQ.

Thanks for your reply. The Edit Like a Pro book (Oct 2021) isn't helping me with my roadblocks. I want to export them to my LR Classic on my computer so I can edit them there. I have the photos selected on the IPhone. Export as, Original is selected. When I select Share to... I have the the options Get a Link ,Invite People, Export toCameraRoll, Export to Files, Export as... None of the icons for Air Drop, Facebook, etc are there. As I said I think the IOS version is 7.1.1. If I hit Share to... it starts rendering .jpg files.
You should not use 'Share to'. When you choose 'Export as', you'll get the iOS sheet where you can choose the destination. Choose Apple Files, so the image is saved in iCloud Drive. Or choose Dropbox if you have that. Of course simply syncing your Lightroom Classic catalog is a lot easier, but then all Lightroom Mobile photos will download into Lightroom Classic and you may not want that.

John:
For now, I would like to export just a few recently taken photos. I am on the screen where the photos are selected. Where is the "Export as" choice on LR Mobile?

John:
For now, I would like to export just a few recently taken photos. I am on the screen where the photos are selected. Where is the "Export as" choice on LR Mobile?
All the way at the bottom of the same sheet where ‘Share to’ is the first item. Maybe you‘ll need to scroll the sheet up.

I have exported the photos however they were exported in .jpg not .dng. How do I export .dng? I did select it in Export as. I have tried both original and .dng. Thanks.

I have exported the photos however they were exported in .jpg not .dng. How do I export .dng? I did select it in Export as. I have tried both original and .dng. Thanks.

In the “Export As” dialog, you need to change the File Type to DNG in the dropdown list box. Then click on the check mark button on the upper right of the dialog (I agree that it is not intuitative that this is a “submit” button, but it is.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back