Export Catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Visual Machine

Hallo everyone, this is my first post here :)

I do my back up exporting catalogs from LR (Windows) and then copying them to DVDs. But almost all times there's message about errors during export. It usually cannot find files though they exist in both LR and hard drive. Recently I was exporting over 2''' photos and LR couldn't find about 5'' of them. On another attempt with the same files it reported the same porblem but with different files.
It seems to be an internal LR error. Are there any solutions of this problem?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Welcome to Lightroom Forums!

Missing files is usually down to files being moved outside of LR, and LR loses track of them. They can be identified by a little question mark in the corner of the grid thumbnail, and in the Library module > Library panel there is usually a collection called Missing Files. The folders sometimes go red too, if the whole folder is 'lost'.

I posted the most regular fix on my blog yesterday http://photoshopservices.wordpress.com/2''7/1'/'7/an-error-occurred-while-exporting/

If that doesn't work, it could be a minor corruption in the catalog itself. Let me know if the previous fix doesn't solve the problem, and I'll write up instructions on exporting the entire catalog to a brand new catalog.

V

Visual Machine

I keep all my files well organized with dates and folders etc. All of my files are visible and editable in LR. They are not 'outside' LR and my folders system.

It must be a bigger error, because it happened to me wile using LR 1.' and 1.1. Now I have 1.2 and the problem continues. The funny thing is that sometimes it reports problems, but when I check the exported files they exist.

I wish I had a tool similar to Archive Creator incorporated in LR.
Hay Adobe girls and boys! That's job for you!!

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I have no idea what Archive Creator does, but there's a link to the official feature request page in the Adobe links section - why not submit the idea with an explanation of how and why it would be used.

So when images won't export, they still can be edited in Develop module? Someone the other day fixed the same problem by selecting their root folder, and exporting it as a new catalog. I don't know the technical reasons WHY it worked for him, and I don't have a catalog with that problem to be able to test at the moment, but I'd guess that any corruption was fixed in the export. Worth a shot anyway. Let me know if it works!

V

Visual Machine

Well....
Maybe it happens because, I'm exporting using keyword tag tree instead of folders... I'll try with something smaller then 25 GB.

Archive Creator is a nice tool for back up of photos. It divides them onto several discs, generates previews with all EXIF information in html files, adds autorun sturtup and last but not least burns them into DVDs. Cool.

Thanx for help.

Ian Farlow

Founder of Lightroom Forums
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
M

mreddington

I wonder if you could set up an export action to export the original files and then open Archive Creator to burn the selected files to DVDs?

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.