• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module expanding Folder panel makes Collections panel and Publish panel disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

YYZ_53

Wilf.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 8.2 Build 1204643
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I just noticed this new behaviour 2 days ago and it seems to be a bug. If I collapse the Folder panel then the Collections panel and Publish panel are visible. If I expand the Folder panel the other two disappear from view but between the last folder and the panel end-mark is a bunch of blank space. I tried clicking in the blank space but no reaction. The blank space appears to be about the size that would be occupied by the Collections and Publish panels if they were expanded.

The Catalog panel is not impacted.

Has anyone else seen this??

This is probably a long-standing Windows/Lightroom bug where LR can't display long tree structures. Try collapsing some of the folder tree and see if things improve for you.

This is probably a long-standing Windows/Lightroom bug where LR can't display long tree structures. Try collapsing some of the folder tree and see if things improve for you.

Hal,

Thanks for the info on this issue. Have you heard if Adobe has a plan to fix this bug? I can see where it suddenly appeared on my system. I have been scanning thousands of photos of the kids from before the availability of digital cameras. I was also using Bridge to date correct the meta data to show the original shot date (best estimate) before importing to LR. This resulted in a few hundred new date folders which would have expanded the tree structure. Unfortunately all my date folders (1898 - 2019 ) are directly under LR DNG. I have never messed with multiple catalogues or tried rearranging directories in LR before so if you could indulge me with the voice of experience it would be appreciated.

Kind regards, Wilf.

Hal,
Disregard the ask for assistance. I did the old fashioned thing and read the user guide. Thanks anyway.

Have you heard if Adobe has a plan to fix this bug?
No, I haven't. It has been around so long that I've given up waiting for a fix. It probably has been broken since Version 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back