• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Expand and collapse stacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

thommy

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 8.3.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi

I believe I read or heard somewhere that you could collapse and/or expand stacks by clicking on the number showing the number of images in the stack.
I like to use them for quick collapse or expand of stacks.

Anyone heard about this feature or have I been dreaming? :)

Thommy

That is indeed how you expand or collapse stacks. Doesn’t that work for you?

Does not work for me.
I have to right-click and choose Create stack > Expand stack.

Edit - should be Stacking > Expand all Stacks

Check your preferences. There is an option to “ignore clicks on badges” in the “Interface” tab. Maybe that also ignores clicks on the stack number. I can’t check it because I type this on my iPad.

Also, a left click (not right click) on the stack position number directly expands or collapses stacks in a single click. A right click brings up a context menu from which you can select from several stacking operations but then you have click on whichever stack operation you desire.

I should also point out that if the stack is already expanded, a left click on the "1" in the first image of the stack collapses the stack as discussed here. However, left clicking the number on any other image in the expanded stack moves that image to the #1 position and does not collapse the stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back