Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version
LR6
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
A number of images within the catalog are showing exclamation marks in the top right hand corner. When I click on one, the following box appears;
'The metadata for this photo has been changed by both Lightroom and other application. Should Lightroom import settings from disk or overwrite disk settings with those from the catalog?
The only other application I use is Photoshop. Can someone please explain what is being offered in the message quoted above.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
A number of images within the catalog are showing exclamation marks in the top right hand corner. When I click on one, the following box appears;
'The metadata for this photo has been changed by both Lightroom and other application. Should Lightroom import settings from disk or overwrite disk settings with those from the catalog?
The only other application I use is Photoshop. Can someone please explain what is being offered in the message quoted above.

Other apps like your System backup can make changes to the header of these image files(modified data tag). Also, if you make changes to the metadata in Lightroom, then since Lightroom is non destructive, the metadata in the catalog will differ from what is in the image file.

The recommendation from here is to ignore this informational message. It is not an error message or even a warning, just a statement of fact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.