• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Error50 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopCat2017

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hello!
I have found this site very helpful when browsing previously. I have Lightroom CC by subscription. My problem tonight is that the automatic update of the Creative Cloud app fails at about 43% installation with an error 50. Removal via the links results in 'removal with errors'. I have had web chats with the Adobe help team and using http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/win/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe seems to remove everything. Reinstalling from Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial fails as above.

Does anyone have any solutions, or a UK telephone number to speak to Adobe?
Thanks
Trevor

I had the same problem yesterday.
I used the removal tool, which removed Adobe CC, but didn't fix the problem.
I had to do a restart of my pc.
Then a reinstall asked if I wanted to repair what was left after the first try at reinstall, and that worked.

Thanks
Removal tool seemed to work
Restarted Pc
Tried re-install but again failed at 43% with error 50

Cheers
Trevor

However I can open Lightroom without Adobe CC so not all is lost!

Maybe not, but if you want to get the CC version (your current version is listed as 'Trial') you do need the CC app.

Try another restart, then download another copy of Adobe CC, then try another install.
The other thing I did differently was to fully unzip the files into their own folder.
From what I have read it may take a couple of attempts at the reinstall.

Last edited:
Success - but I'm not sure how!
I logged on to my Adobe account to confirm it is the annual subscription, not the trial (which it is) & followed the link from there to the apps available to download, chose the CC app & it installed straightaway. Don't think I did anything special. Computers!

Thanks for the support
Trevor

Hi,

I also regularly have issues with the update of the Adobe CC Desktop app. A few things you could try (if the problem shows up again - I have it almost at each update):

1. For all *.exe files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud and C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Sync (and their subfolders), right-click the .exe file, select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and check "Run this program as an administrator". Restart and try again.

2. A look at the following thread may also help :

Adobe CC Desktop update failure - Possible fix
And the good ol' CC Desktop update bug is back! |Adobe Community
CC Desktop update failing again |Adobe Community

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the additional info. It seems to be working for now - I just repeated uninstall - reinstall until it got bored & decided to comply.
Cheers
Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back