Error when trying to move images in LR2

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Preston

Every time I try to move a selection of pictures in LR 2 from one folder to another, I get the error "An unknown error occurred while moving a photo."

Sometimes it actually physically moves the image on the disk, but not in LR, so LR thinks the image is in the wrong place and puts a missing exclamation point on it!

All the files I am working with are RAW, and I have NEVER had this happen in LR 1.xx

Has anyone else had this problem? Oh, and if anyone is wondering, my hard drive is not failing, I just did a complete diagnostic.

I thought your hard drive was going... just kiddin'

Interesting issue though and some good troubleshooting to identify the specific camera files. Go Canon!

The D7'' still the latest offering from Nikon? Perhaps a minor update will fix all. How about other Nikon files...anyone?

Preston, welcome to LR Froums. You don't say PC/Mac, etc. so, just guessing .....

One thing to check: verify that you don't have any permission issues or read-only's applied to the target folders. (Probably not, never hurts to check)

Same problem here...

I'm running OSX 1'.5.4 with LR 2.' (481478) and am having the same problem. When I try to drag a folder from one directory to another I now get the "An unknown error occurred while moving a photo" error message.

This is seriously maddening - give me a freaking error message with details so that I can go figure out what the problem is. I can use both Terminal to "cp" the files by hand as well Finder to drag and drop them. I've been a sys admin for over 15 years and I'm sure I could figure it out if LR 2.' just gave me some more details!!!

STOP MASKING THE ERROR! GIVE THE USER DETAILS IF THEY WANT THEM!

I have exactly the same problem. I can import pictures directly to external drive, but Lightroom doesn't allow me to move pictures there.

What happens is that Lightroom starts moving the pictures, it creates the correct folder name physically to the external hard drive with some file in it (with strange numbers), but that folder doesn't show in Lightroom. Then I get error message "An unknown error occurred while moving a photo".

I have formatted the external hard drive to Macintosh native format, so there is not any access problems with it. I have also tried to tricks mentioned in http://www.flickr.com/groups/adobe_lightroom/discuss/721576'7541688395/?search=error+moving+files but doesn't work for me.

I also updated Lightroom 2.' to 2.1 RC yesterday, but it didn't solve the problem.
Help, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back