• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Error When Trying to Merge Images to HDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratokat

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 8.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello! New to Lightroom, have a friend who is experienced. She was showing me how to merge my bracket photos. I am getting an error message "Unable to merge the photos. One or more of the selected photos may lack metadata necessary for merging. Its not an issue where one or more of the 3 bracket photos is a JPEG. All three are raw images. Any suggestions? I am on a MAC pro and using Lightroom Classic 8.1 version. THank you so much. Stratokat

Try selecting the images then: Develop settings > Match Total Exposures then Merge

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Try selecting the images then: Develop settings > Match Total Exposures then Merge
That should definitely not solve it. Merging has nothing to do with the develop settings, and HDR images should not have matched exposures in the first place.

That should definitely not solve it. Merging has nothing to do with the develop settings, and HDR images should not have matched exposures in the first place.
Hello! New to Lightroom, have a friend who is experienced. She was showing me how to merge my bracket photos. I am getting an error message "Unable to merge the photos. One or more of the selected photos may lack metadata necessary for merging. Its not an issue where one or more of the 3 bracket photos is a JPEG. All three are raw images. Any suggestions? I am on a MAC pro and using Lightroom Classic 8.1 version. THank you so much. Stratokat
THANK YOU FOR REPLIES! I took the Nikon camera to a PC and downloaded the photos and they merge correctly! I notice on my MAC book pro they appear as JPEG. I do NOT have the camera to shoot both jpeg and RAW. I am afraid there is something on this 2018 MAC pro with the latest operating system that is causing this issue. ANY Mac users out there that can assist me ?? Thanks to all.

Do you use a MAC? I was able to download on a PC and they merged without problem. On my MAC the photos appear in Lightroom as JPEG. My Nikon D7500 is set to shoot only in RAW file format, not both.

You probably used Aple Photos to download the images, and then imported the previews that Photos generates into Lightroom rather than the original raw files. That is a common mistake.
Thank you so much. That makes a lot of sense. So do I have to find a way, other than through Apple Photos, to take the photos off my camera? Sorry I am such a novice! I am tasked with shooting our business inventory for the new website and I really want to learn and get this right. I love my MAC but this is frustrating!

I did go
Thank you so much. That makes a lot of sense. So do I have to find a way, other than through Apple Photos, to take the photos off my camera? Sorry I am such a novice! I am tasked with shooting our business inventory for the new website and I really want to learn and get this right. I love my MAC but this is frustrating!
back into where the photos were imported, and tried to export them using the option "export original file. It still put them on my desktop as JPEGs/.

When you connect your camera and Apple Photos starts, do not download the photos. In Apple Photos uncheck the option to start when the camera is connected, then quit Apple Photos. Start Lightroom and import the photos directly from the camera in Lightroom.

I did go

back into where the photos were imported, and tried to export them using the option "export original file. It still put them on my desktop as JPEGs/.
Where did you use ‘Export Original File’? In Lightroom or in Apple Photos? Lightroom has imported a jpeg preview, so for Lightroom that jpeg is the original file.

Where did you use ‘Export Original File’? In Lightroom or in Apple Photos? Lightroom has imported a jpeg preview, so for Lightroom that jpeg is the original file.
super helpful. Thank you VERY much! I really don't want to load everything into Lightroom but at least I can merge the bracketed photos that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back