Error when removing photos from Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
When removing a large set of photos from the Flickr collection, and then "publish"ing , which then removes them from Flickr, I get the error that "an internal error has occurred: assertion failed".
I get a large number of them, almost as many as the number of photos I am removing.
But it doesn't show up with just a few photos.

Does anyone know what that means? Has anyone else seen this?
upload_2017-7-31_21-10-12.png

I have now posted this out on the Adobe Lightroom site. After reading about other similar errors, I am beginning to think that the problem lies with access to a external drive that many of the photos reside on.
The photos get removed from Flickr, but I think LR and the USB3 external drive are struggling to keep up as it removes photos from the collection.

I have now posted this out on the Adobe Lightroom site. After reading about other similar errors, I am beginning to think that the problem lies with access to a external drive that many of the photos reside on.
The photos get removed from Flickr, but I think LR and the USB3 external drive are struggling to keep up as it removes photos from the collection.

A collection exists only in the Lightroom catalog. Lightroom does not have to access the original image when it removes it from a collection, so I'm not sure how the external USB3 drive could be involved (unless that is where your catalog resides as well).

A collection exists only in the Lightroom catalog. Lightroom does not have to access the original image when it removes it from a collection, so I'm not sure how the external USB3 drive could be involved (unless that is where your catalog resides as well).
My catalog sits on my C drive which is a SSD.
But when I am accessing the Flickr publishing service of LR, I access the collection, and then choose the ones I want deleted. As they get deleted, I see changes in the images that are part of the collection. The deleted one disappears, and the others are resorted.
I was just guessing that LR for some reason is accessing the original image which is on the HD; perhaps remaking a new thumbnail - I don't know.
I know it doesn't have to - but it might anyway. All I know is that I get this error screen showing up multiple times.
From a number of posts I have read on this error, it seems often to be related to access to a HD. Per Adobe, it covers a wide variety of types of errors.

You could try the following: As Lightroom does not need the original for all of that, you should be able to remove an image from Flickr while the originals are offline. See if that works and if that does not generate the error.

You could try the following: As Lightroom does not need the original for all of that, you should be able to remove an image from Flickr while the originals are offline. See if that works and if that does not generate the error.

I might try that. Although I don't get the error with only a few photos - only with a large number (50 ? -100).
I have a few other tests I could try, such as putting all of the photos on the C drive.
And to be honest, I have not counted the error screens - it just seems like there are about the same number as there are photos.

I have not done any tests yet, as it is a real pain when it shows up. It locks up LR until you answer "ok". Then the next error appears immediately.
I also don't want to spend the time to establish the upper limit without an error.
I don't feel I need to be the tester for the software.

You don't, but if the problem is access to your hard disk, then maybe you are not testing software but your hardware.
Multiple other software packages have no problem accessing this disk through this port. LR is the only package that might.
And remember - I am only guessing at the source of the problem being related to the HD. I have no access to the code or logic in LR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back