• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Error when deleting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanTW

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
Just recently when I delete from disk via Lightroom Classic I get the following error displayed:
"an internal error ha occured: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value"
The file is deleted and ASAIK there are no other issues. I'm running LR on Windows 7 with 32Gb RAM

Hi Alan, welcome to the forum!

Any plugins running? We most frequently see that error in a plug-in related context.

Hi Alan, welcome to the forum!

Any plugins running? We most frequently see that error in a plug-in related context.
Thanks Victoria, I use several plugins so I'll remove them one by one to track down the culprit

Alan

I deactivated all my plugins then re-enabled them one by one, testing file deletion after each one. After re-enabling the final plugin there was still no sign of the error. All very strange!

Alan

We have no plugins whatsoever (this is in a pro real estate photo studio, where speed is paramount)... and we get the same error on deleting a large number of raw files.

My work around it is to painfully delete the files in small batches.

Lightroom 7.3 is a gobsmacking disaster and lost count of bugs and odd behaviour. This software is not professional grade anymore, we cannot rely on it. This latest version is even slower than Lightroom before 7.2 for some reason. We tried all the suggestions we came across but there is a limit on how much time we can waste on this buggy software.

It has become our bottleneck in our workflow. It is time to cut our losses and start to seriously look elsewhere and investigate other software. Instead of wasting our time trying to fix Adobe's bugs, we might be better off training on another software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back