• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Error uploading book to blurb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version Number
CC Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi,

I got last night the above message when trying to upload a book to blurb.

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in LR with all the problems there are right now. I have worked on this picture and book project for more than 2 months and spent some hundred hours and in addition dealing with the other LR problems like the book module messing up problem and also the crashing during sync issue which has not been solved for weeks.

I have ben a super happy LR user since LR 3 and never had any technical issues until this fall. How is it possible that LR has turned from the best software into to the woorst and most unstable?

Is there anyhting to do regarding this book upload error or just to accept that I have wated a lot of time and will not be able to finish this now so close before the finish line? Please not that this is not my first book, I have made many before without having any problems uloading etc.

Anyway if this fails I think I will be out for LR and will go for another software.

Regards,
Tom

Just for info, I have been in contact with blurb support and whcih was very helpful and they informed me that there have numerous upload problem from LR since the new version.

So as with all the other problems no help from Adobe and no one cares

Regards,
Tom

Just an update, I was now able with the help of blurbs support to export the book as pdf and upload it manually to blurb without LR

Have tried uploading with LR several times but not working.

Regards,
Tom

I've repeatedly had the same problem. Exporting as a PDF and uploading it to BLURB works but interestingly it come up with and error - [Cover PDF] Page 1: Dimensions are invalid. Its actual dimension is [21.236 in x 9.000 in]. The expected dimension is [21.382 in x 9.000 in] - that probably tells us where the problem is in the Lightroom code. I've no idea how to tell Adobe but maybe someone knows .

I have been in direct contact with Adobe support via Photoshop family forum and according to them they are working on fixing this. Quite many have this problem and so far no attempts I know of for fixing it worked so I guess we just have to wait and see.

I was quite stressed some time ago with my book project because I had a deadline so there was nothing else to to than upload it manually via blurbs pdf uploader and that worked.

Regards,
Tom

Thanks for the update Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back