• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Error switching to Print module after Leopard upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ksignorini

Since upgrading to Leopard I get the following error when trying to switch to the Print module (all other modules work fine):

"An error occurred when attempting to change modules."

I've searched the net and found one other discussion on this (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1'17&message=25366334) however the only solution presented seems to be to reinstall Lightroom and hopefully the problem goes away.

For me, it doesn't.

Can anyone here offer any suggestions? I'm afraid to try too many experiments as I cannot afford to corrupt my library through experimentation.

Thanks!

It is official that LR V1.2 is NOT fully compatible with Leopard. So though you might find a way to get it to work now, The best think is to wait to the next release of LR and print from Tiger, which, if you have been prudent , you can go easily back to.

:)

Don

There are a few people saying that uninstalling and reinstalling LR fixes it for them.

Other than that, Tom Hogarty has said on John Nack's blog that he will give a bit more information on the Lightroom Journal tomorrow.

How to fix the Lightroom Leopard Print Module Error

I have at last managed to get Lightrooms Print Module to work under Leopard.

I tried re-installing Lightroom no joy, but by re-installing Lightroom, then the new Leopard printer drivers and reseting the printing system I have it all working fine.

See the following Lightroom tip in my site for more detail.

http://www.image-space.com/Lightroo...ix_Leopard_Printing/Fix_Leopard_Printing.html

Joe Barrett

Yeah, the printer set-up is quite different in Leopard. Instead of a Print Utility in Utilities, set-up is all under Pint and Fax in System Prefs, No wonder LR balks, initially.

Thanks for the Pointers, Joe.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back