• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Error: "Not enough room to display an image"

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardndavis

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic (up to date)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
In Lightroom Classic when I right click on an image to Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2021, or Open a Smart Object in Photoshop, I get an error popup that says:
Could no open "_name of RAW file" because there isn't enough room to display this document.

I am able to open the document from Bridge into Photoshop 2021.

I have no other programs open at the time this problem occurs.

Attachments

• IMG_6244.jpg
    IMG_6244.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 163
How's your hard drive and temp file space?

What puzzles me about the message is that it says "not enough ROOM to display". In computer terms this is very ambiguous. It does not say "not enough memory" or "not enough disk space" which would be meaningful in computer terms. What is the size of this file in terms of pixels or file size?

Thanks four your replies. I have two hard drives. Both have space. I deleted all temp files.
If I restart my computer, the issue with Lightroom does not happen. That is, the image will open in Photoshop. The second time that I try to open an image from Lightroom into Photoshop, I get the error message. So it appears that something is being cleared when I restart my computer, but then something goes wrong.

Thanks much for your reply.
I was fortunate to be able to get help from an Adobe technician yesterday who took control of my computer and, after an hour, resolve the problem.

The tech moved Photoshop (and maybe something else) from C to D drive, freeing up about 10GB of space on C. The tech also did some magic on the display setting, some in Photoshop and some in Windows 10. The whole process, including trying a few other things, took about an hour.

The tech moved Photoshop (and maybe something else) from C to D drive, freeing up about 10GB of space on C. The tech also did some magic on the display setting, some in Photoshop and some in Windows 10. The whole process, including trying a few other things, took about an hour.

It sound like there was not enough available space for working storage on the C: drive. Photoshop and Lightroom Classic create a lot of temporary file in Working Storage. I recommend keeping 100GB freespace on the primary drive for temporary files.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back