• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Error message Ox800701B1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVLMike

AVLMike
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic Version 9.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello all: I converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10 this past December. My usual practice is to review the photos on my monitor outside of LR before loading the photos into three external hardrives: a 5 TB, a 3 TB and a dual drive 4.5TB just to do a quick rough cut of what I want to retain. From there, I work with one of the external hard drives (the 5 TB) as the source for the files which go into LR -- so: from the 5TB only into LR. I've had no problems with this process until post the switch to Windows 10. Recently I tried to load photos through this process. As soon as I inserted the card reader into the computer, LR turned on --LR had never spontaneously turned on prior to my using Windows 10. I was able just to turn LR off and to start to copy and paste the images into the three hard drives, but I was only able to paste the images in the dual drive and the 5TB hard drives. When I tried to paste them into the 3 TB, there was a long "pause" on the screen followed by an error message: "Error Ox800701B1 : A device which does not exist was specified." I tried copying and pasting from the dual drive and the 5TB directly to the 3 TB but got the same message. The files already in the 3TB do not appear to be corrupted; I was able to pull up images from a random sample of the folders. I looked up the error message and the description makes no sense to me; none of the "cures" appear to provide a definitive correction. Has anyone run into this error message and could provide a solution? I also should note: there is plenty of room left on the 3TB to store photos, so that does not appear to be the issue. thanks

Yes, Windows 10. Always presenting surprizes. I'm in the midst up reinstalling W10 after it crashed and could not be fixed.

In fairness, you are asking what I think is a Windows 10 problem and not a LR issue.

One of the points I saw recommended for Ox800701B1 was to upgrade your BIOS. I'd see if your HW manufacturer has any utilities to scan and recommend upgrades. When I was preparing for upgrading to W10 from W7, confirming that your computer supported W10 and that you updated the HW firmware abd BIOS was strongly recommended.

While I was trying to fix my original upgrade, I ran into similar problems to yours with the front mounted USB ports on my Dell. One moment W10PE would recognize my USB and the next it would say the device wasn't ready. I overcame that issue by plugging it a USB on the back of the unit.

moving the existing data off to another volume then repartition and reformat that volume.
That's a sound idea, if the problem is the drive, but it could be the USB, BIOS, Driver especially with a W10 upgrade.
I was only able to paste the images in the dual drive and the 5TB hard drives.
From what I understand, these were working before the upgrade.

First : thanks for the quick, knowledgeable comments. Pretty lonely sometimes on these matters so it's great to get active responses. On the BIOS: I will definitely check this matter but the computer is literally less than 90 days old, inclusive of the new Windows 10 installation. I'm starting to wonder if the issue isn't with the 3 TB drive itself -- maybe it's too slow? Is that possible? I have been able to cobble together a work-around where I can load photos very quickly onto the 4.5 TB dual drive, then copy those files and paste to the 5TB drive. To date, I've not been able to copy/paste anything to the 3TB drive.

further to Paul DS256: yes, both the dual drive and the 5TB drives were working before the upgrade, but so was the 3TB drive which now just won't respond to taking in new data (apparently). Also, to your suggestion it could be the USB (as well as BIOS, Driver), I've tried both a brand new Transend card reader and brand new cheaper Vivitar card reader and got the same results from both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back