• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Error Code -36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude_Here

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and was looking for a little guidance if possible. So the long and the short of it is my older iMac is on its way out so I just purchased a new Mac mini and am in the process of transferring my library via my 2tb ssd drive. when I tried dragging my Lightroom Classic Catalog with all of it's sub files I get the dreaded"file can't be read or written" (error code -36).

I looked this up and tried everything and cannot get this fixed. the folder itself is 4gb. I am able to drag only Lr Classic Catalog.Ircat file, but will that suffice on my new computer when I launch it or do I need the other files from the aformentioned folder?

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction!
Jeremy

Thank you so much Paul! That makes perfect sense. What doesn’t make perfect sense is that error. I got the same one later last night transferring image files from my old hard drive to my new. External HD in anticipation of the file move. Urggghh so frustrating.

Anywho, I will certainly read up on you links tonight and tomorrow. Thank again!
Jeremy

Jeremy,

Maybe this will help.

error-code-36-on-a-mac-what-causes-it-and-how-to-fix-it

I would be absolutely certain that you have a complete backup before you attempt running the dot_clean tool. It does mention that you can use it on a folder by folder basis so you can run it on only the folder where the error is occuring.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back