• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Error Code 195 during updating LR Classic to 10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

murali

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic v10.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Computer: Lenovo Ideapad

I get an error code 195 while upgrading to 10.3 on my laptop. See attached screenshot. Tried a few times including after reboot. Same issue. LR upgrade worked fine on my desktop. Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• LR 10.3.JPG
    LR 10.3.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 133
The message claims that you need to upgrade your Windows operating system. What results do you get when you run Winver?

I gambled and looks like it worked.

I could update LR CC from 10.2 to 10.3 on my Velocity Micro custom built desktop computer flawlessly but whenever I tried to update my Lenovo laptop, I got the Error 195 even though both computers are running Windows 10 with all the updates.

1. I backed up my Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic folder on my laptop.
2. Copied the same folder on my desktop into a USB stick.
3. Synched the USB folder with the LR CC folder on my laptop over-writing old files as appropriate.

Bingo. Now my laptop seems to be running v10.3 with no issues. If I encounter any issues, I will just re-install windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back