Epson SureColor P 5000 Designer Edition printer margins

badgopher

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
I recently purchased this printer and am very pleased with print quality and how efficient ink use is compared to my former Epson Stylus Pro 3880. However, there seems to be a default to print cut sheets as though they are roll paper. When using Lightroom or Adobe Photoshop Elements to print I got an extra 1/2 inch margin on the end side of the print. Same thing even when the Lightroom print preview looked like the margins were where I wanted them. After spending almost a whole day on the phone with two tech support people the tech downloaded Epson Print Layout software that printed the margins the way I wanted them. Recently, the printer has reverted to the arbitrary 1/2 inch margin. I do a printer set up on my computer before making sure that I check cut sheets on the printer LED. The printer appears to have a roll paper default. After trying everything else I can think of I tried tricking it this morning by adding an extra 1/2 inch to the paper's dimension. It works but the image is larger than it would be if I had tried to print the dimensions I cropped it with.

I can't be the only person who is having this problem. Any solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi badgopher, welcome to the forum! I'm sure you've already done so, but have you rooted around in the printer driver settings when you print from LR? Many printers can't hold on to the last bit of paper quite so well, so they don't go to the edge unless you select a setting like Borderless.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
they don't go to the edge
AFAIK, this is caused by a mechanical limitation.
unless you select a setting like Borderless
Unfortunately, due to the same mechanical limitation, in this case the printer will print beyond the borders of the paper, to be sure to print on the whole paper. As a consequence, you will loose a (not so) small part around the image. You have to be carefull if there is some important detail at the edge of the image.

badgopher

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Unfortunately, due to the same mechanical limitation, in this case the printer will print beyond the borders of the paper, to be sure to print on the whole paper. As a consequence, you will loose a (not so) small part around the image. You have to be carefull if there is some important detail at the edge of the image.
Hi badgopher, welcome to the forum! I'm sure you've already done so, but have you rooted around in the printer driver settings when you print from LR? Many printers can't hold on to the last bit of paper quite so well, so they don't go to the edge unless you select a setting like Borderless.
I can print the margins I want for a full sized print with Epson Print Layout software if I tell it the paper is 1/2 inch longer than it is. For some reason I have not been able to print borderless. Thanks for your suggestions.

Ray