Epson R2880 printer profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jude

Hi All, I've just bought a new printer, Epson R288', and I have downloaded a profile for some non epson paper I purchased. I can see and select the paper profile I want in LR2.3 in the Colour Management section but when I go the print settings and select the media type only epson media types are available. Yours confused:?:

Not sure about the 288', so I will give a generic answer. If you have selected the profile in LR that you downloaded, be sure to select No Color Management in the printer dialogue. The reason you see only Epson papers is that you are using an Epson printer! They really have no ability or desire to list the huge number of papers available. You should select the Epson paper that is closest to the paper you are using... P.S. Get used to feeling confused!!! And be sure to post questions here. There are some very talented people on this list.

What you see is what there is !!;)
Now all you need do is select a paper surface that is similar to the one you are using, the paper selection here is not for colour but the amount of ink to be used e.g. Matte uses more than Gloss.

Hi All, I've just bought a new printer, Epson R288', and I have downloaded a profile for some non epson paper I purchased. I can see and select the paper profile I want in LR2.3 in the Colour Management section but when I go the print settings and select the media type only epson media types are available. Yours confused:?:
Normally, when you download paper profiles from the paper maker, they also provide a PDF explaining the use for the printer you choose at download time. In this PDF is the recommendation to choose the adequate paper texture from your printer's driver. So first check for this documentation availability.

Thanks everyone, I think I understand better now, that the profile is the profile for use in LR, and with colour management off in the printer driver just to choose the nearest type for ink amount. It's so much clearer when you guys say it than reading manuals.

Denis, sorry I didn't get back earlier my prints are looking great (print quality that is as opposed to my mediocre photographic content) so good I've being experimenting with papers and all weekend and have now got some custom profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back