• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Epson Print Preview Question

Marsha88

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
My first post..hope it's in the right place!
I have an older Epson printer and Windows 7. In LR, I always use the print preview before printing out a photo. It has saved me a lot of ink and paper. My question is for a friend that just bought the Epson p800 and is not finding a print preview button. She has a Mac and is using the LR print module. Her monitor is calibrated but when printing out a photo, the colors are way off compared to what she is seeing in the develop module. Anyone have any ideas for helping?
Thanks...Marsha

instanes

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I have an Epson XP-960 printer and late 2015 iMac 5K and there is no print preview. I used to have a PC and agree that a print preview is useful. Have been living quite well without it, although have had a time or two when what printed was not what I expected.

Marsha88

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Unfortunately I think the print preview is only available in Epson's print drivers for Windows, and not for Macs. Perhaps a Mac using Epson owner will be able to confirm that.
Thank you Roger for taking the time to reply. I am afraid you might be right...that is what we are suspecting.

Marsha88

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I have an Epson XP-960 printer and late 2015 iMac 5K and there is no print preview. I used to have a PC and agree that a print preview is useful. Have been living quite well without it, although have had a time or two when what printed was not what I expected.
Thanks for your reply..appreciate it!

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Her monitor is calibrated but when printing out a photo, the colors are way off compared to what she is seeing in the develop module.

That suggests she has the wrong profile for the paper she's using. Make sure that in the Printer Preferences the color management option is set to "off", and then in the LR print module make sure the correct profile for the paper is selected before printing.

If it's still not working post again with more details and I'm sure someone can help you sort it out.

Marsha88

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
That suggests she has the wrong profile for the paper she's using. Make sure that in the Printer Preferences the color management option is set to "off", and then in the LR print module make sure the correct profile for the paper is selected before printing.

If it's still not working post again with more details and I'm sure someone can help you sort it out.
Thank you so much..I will pass it on!