• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Enlarging the Caption Field in Metadata

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitjv

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I seem to remember that whenever I typed in a description in the Caption field in the Metadata Panel, the description was always visible whenever I click on the image in Library Mode regardless of the length of the description. Now for some reason, I now notice that the words in the description are cut off unless I click on the Caption field. Can the Caption field be expanded in the Default mode? Thank you.

I did not know about this behaviour but LrC does it on my system as you described. When i type in more characters than fit in one line, the field is streched to a second line and so furher.
LrC 11.1 and Mac OS 11.6.2
Schermafbeelding 2022-01-29 om 16.32.45.jpg

Now for some reason, I now notice that the words in the description are cut off unless I click on the Caption field.
It's a longstanding bug that Adobe has chosen not to prioritize:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...ont-glitches-in-metadata-panel/idi-p/12419688

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report and be sure to click the Upvote button at the top-right and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

John,
Is that a Mac bug? I see the correct behaviour under Windows:
2022-01-29 13_03_09-5-2-2-2-v10-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

This is after I select another photo and then come back to this one.

Up until recently it was both Mac and Win. But someone posted in the bug report that it appears fixed on Win in LR 11.1, and it looks so on my Win test machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back