Enhanced Search Features

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I've been trying to track down discussion of the "Best Photos" feature that's in some LR products. If I search the website or forum for Best Photos or "Best Photos", it doesn't look for that phrase, but for one or both words somewhere in the page/post. That hits a lot of unrelated content.

I'd like to see a more full-featured search functionality for both the site and the forum. For example
  • a dialog that allows searching for any or all words, or for a phrase
  • a dialog that allows searching anywhere or only in the post title
  • boolean syntax, like "Best Photos" AND "Best Shots"
Thanks for the consideration.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Yeah, the forum software's search facilities are far more limited than I'd like. A google search like that is far more accurate. Best Photos is also in our Edit Like A Pro book that covers the cloud ecosystem.

LRList001

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Some sites build their site search using Google (the search page says 'powered by Google' or similar), presumably they invisibly use the site: command. There is little point in trying to create a search engine that is in the league of Google's search engine. Perhaps you could mention the Google site: command under the advanced search options? I don't know what rules Google has for using their search engine.

Still, ask Google, and here it is: Add custom search to your site - Programmable Search Engine Help

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hmmm, thanks, I'll look into that. Won't be immediate but I've added it to a list!