• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Enhanced Detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin Grant

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Just tried the new Enhanaced Detail on one of my nef files. Completely underwhelmed and so much so that I am convinced I am missing the point. The preview does not help either as it blows the image up to the point where it is so blurred one cannot see any changes. It will not let me reduce the magnification to a sensible level either. What am I missing?

You're not missing anything at all....there will be some who will see an improvement, there will be many who won't. I'm in the latter camp, so for now I'm ignoring the function unless/until I come across an image that I think "may" benefit. I don't shoot Fuji and I don't print, so I'm not optimistic that ED is for me.

Still, it's early days, so who knows where this AI/ML stuff will lead us.

Yeah, no noticeable difference on my Pentax and Olympus raw files so far.

Does camera or subject matter? Seems the examples tend toward Fuji and cityscapes with artificial objects.

No, don't think of it as a Fuji thing. The effect is subtle-to-invisible on whatever type of raw files you process with it.

Try it on pictures with lots of fine details.

John

yeah, mine didn't come with the secret sauce either. Can you tell which of the attached in the screen shot is ED or not?

I see it kinda like the "experimental" features found in Lr CC's iOS apps. Might get better...maybe Adobe tracks the ED use (ouch, maybe unfortunate acronym) with those of us that share application data and uses that data to improve it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back