Enable Mirror image mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipIt

Has anyone found a useful purpose for this mode?
Or could take a guess?

Library(M) View>Enable Mirror Image Mode

I understand it is used by portrait shooters who want their clients to have a more familiar view of themselves.

At least one use.

:)

Don

Oh stop it, you're making that up. Aren't you?:?

No, it has been expounded elsewhere. I'm just quoting.

Hopefully someone esle will coe by and verify.

Don

Nope, we are reliably told by the development team, and contributing portrait shooters that many clients, particularly brides, are used to seeing themselves in a mirror, and are much happier choosing among shots displayed in mirror mode.

I don't see shots of myself very often, and I find the left/right mirror thing a little disconcerting as well. Like hearing a recording of your own voice.

....brad

That's my understanding too Don !!
Can't say I've used it though.8)

Nope, we are reliably told by the development team, and contributing portrait shooters that many clients, particularly brides, are used to seeing themselves in a mirror, and are much happier choosing among shots displayed in mirror mode.

I don't see shots of myself very often, and I find the left/right mirror thing a little disconcerting as well. Like hearing a recording of your own voice.

....brad
Well, there you go!

Thanks, Brad.

Don

many clients, particularly brides, are used to seeing themselves in a mirror, and are much happier choosing among shots displayed in mirror mode.

That's quite true - back in the days of shooting film and previewing using transproofs (slides) in the projector, we quite often had to turn the slides round the other way! :roll:

Well thats just too funny. Now I'll have to survey my clients, many of whom are portrait photogs.

Just looked a pic of myself and thought it was ugly. Im much better looking the other way round...wait now, that IS the other way round. Oh Im all turned upside down now.

You mean you've never scanned a slide wrong-way up? Mirroring is much easier than re-scanning.

Uh-ah!

You mean you've never scanned a slide wrong-way up? Mirroring is much easier than re-scanning.
So we have to reasons for this Menu Item!

Don

I have 2','''+ scans that I have not imported into LR yet 'cause I'm having too much fun w/ my digital camera images. But, when I get a round tuit, I'm sure I'll find a use for the mirror image facility. :lol:

I have 2','''+ scans that I have not imported into LR yet 'cause I'm having too much fun w/ my digital camera images. But, when I get a round tuit, I'm sure I'll find a use for the mirror image facility. :lol:

So now would be a good time to mention that the "Enable Mirror Image Mode" only applies to the Library Module. Step out of that module and you will lose the reverse.

Scans that are the wrong way round can be modified using the menu item Photo>Flip Horizontal/Vertical.

RipIt;461' said:
So now would be a good time to mention that the "Enable Mirror Image Mode" only applies to the Library Module. Step out of that module and you will lose the reverse.

Scans that are the wrong way round can be modified using the menu item Photo>Flip Horizontal/Vertical.
Hmmm. That doesn't sound too useful for either reversed scans or blushing brides. Someone call the engineers and ask them why they bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back