• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Enable lens correction profile ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

schlotz

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
LR 4.1. This worked perfectly last week when I uploaded 200 photos all taken with my Canon EF 400 2.8L IS and Mk IV body. After importing, I went into Develop, then Len Corrections, clicked on Enable Lens Corrections and poof!, it automatically finds my lens and applies the corrections. Today took a few more photos (same body and same lens), went through the same process but after clicking on Enable Lens Correction nothing happens, so I select Make: Canon and there is no EF 400mm lens to select and the list that is presented is extremely short. If I go back to one of the photos from last week and do the same thing, no problem everything works. BTW: the list of lenses is also significantly larger here.

So, after trying everything I knew, I uninstalled LR 4.1 and re-installed. No luck, same results.

Sure could use some help ?

Regards,
Matt

Matt,

Were your pictures from last week raw and today's pictures JPEG? If so, that's to be expected: there are a lot more lens profiles for raw images than for JPEG. There's a way to hack the raw profile to work with JPEGs.
Hal

Bingo, was running FoCal MA software and it reset the body to jpg. That was it. Thanks for the help!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back