• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Empty folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

fstopover

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I have a number of empty folders in LR3.

I've tried using the Delete key and under File there's no "move to trash" option.

How do I remove them?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-04 at 2.18.26 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-04 at 2.18.26 PM.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 256
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Right-click (Ctrl+Click) and select Remove.

Remove the highest level empty folder and you will remove the contained ones as well.

Thanks!

That was sweet.

I've been taking LR3 webinars for months and have two books on LR3.

I couldn't get that easy solution.

Part of the problem was that few people have ever gotten LR3 as screwed up as I have.

I wanted to store my dngs in an external hard drive. I use a Mac Book. I wasn't aware of how to route the files to the destination I needed until I called Apple Care and realized that my iomega ext HD was under a separate Mac Book area and not in my Mac HD, so files were being sent to my HD's Pictures folder.

I created folders in my ext HD and copied and pasted the dngs into them. Then I deleted the ones on my Pictures folder. That's why I had so many empty folders.

When I found out that it was easy to locate files with LR by clicking on the "?" and that all the similar files would be located I was a happy man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back