• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Email Issue on LR6

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
LR 6.12
Operating System
macOS 10.11 El Capitan
On my MAC I use for traveling, I just tried to set up email to run.

My comparison is email on my Windows 10 running LR Classic. There when I send from the EMAIL preset, it opens an email creation window in my Thunderbird Email client. I do the final send from Thunderbird.

On my MAC, I was able to define and validate the SMTP definition in LR as being the same as my MAC Thunderbird. I create the EMAIL to myself. Pictures are showing. When I click SEND, LR 6 says the email has been sent. It doesn't open the email in Thunderbird.

The problem is that I don't receive the email. No error.

How to I dedug this? I realize it's LR6.

Thanks

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Another data point. I configured GMAIL; it validates and also says it successfully sent the email but it never shows up.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Which mail clients are supported?
On Windows, most email clients are supported, using standard Windows APIs to pass the images. This includes Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Eudora, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
On Mac, only Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Entourage and Eudora are supported, as each is coded separately.

So on Mac, how are you setting up the email account. It won't open Thunderbird. You can only send the email directly to the email server.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
In LR 6, on the MAC, I've configured both the email server for my ISP (eHosting) as well as one for GMAIL.

For eHosting, I fill in and validate the SMTP settings (see attached).

LR 6 has a Service Provider template for GMAIL in it's Email Account Manager. LR 6's Gmail does not include address book integration but does validate. I used a GMAIL 'app' specific password to get this to work.

If I send an email either through the validated eHosting or GMAIL LR Email Accounts, LR says the message was sent but they are never received. Since it happens with both of the them, I suspect something is failing on the LR SEND end but no error is displayed.

I can simulate a failed send by being off the network when I send from LR so LR 6 is trapping something for errors.

I have my security software Bitdefender disabled but checked the logs and there was no notification of anything being blocked.

It' being able to debug the LR side I'm interested in. Of course this is complicated by a) It being legacy LR6 and b) no error is reported. So, if the answer is I am in unknown territory, I understand. I was just hoping there was something of enabling a trace for external calls developers may use that could show the chatter between LR and SMTP I could use.

Thanks Victoria

Attachments

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Never mind. It looks like it is an issue with my eHosting ISP.

I forgot it has a server side SPAM filter that will block emails from being sent to the client. I checked through the web email client that and found one block from a test yesterday.

I then realized I hadn't tested sending to my Gmail account. When I did, either through the eHosting ISP or GMAIL the email was received.

So, I have some investigation to do with my eHosting ISP on their SPAM handling.