• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

EHD conflicts using Lightroom and Mac Time Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuzImages

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Operating System: MacBook Pro. latest version
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Classic CC

I have had a conflict with two EHDs. They are both named the same. One I use with Mac Time machine to back up my system. The new EHD will now be used to back up my files, the Lightroom Catalog and the DNG files.

Since both EHDs have the same name, I need to change the new EHDs name so there isn't a conflict with Time Machine EHD. Is it as easy as going through Lightroom to change the name of the new EHD so my files will not lose the connection?

I've been on the Mac Forum and they say to right click on the new EHD and change the name, but that seems like I would lose my connectivity to Lightroom.

Any help will be appreciated.

Is it as easy as going through Lightroom to change the name of the new EHD so my files will not lose the connection?
No, you can't change the name of a disk in Lightroom. It's easy to 'reconnect' the images however. Change the name of the disk in the Finder (right-click on the disk icon), then start Lightroom. All the folders will show as 'missing' with a question mark. Right-click on the top folder and choose 'Find Missing Folder'. You will get a standard 'open' dialog box. Go to the folder on the renamed disk in that dialog and select it. That will 'reconnect' this folder and all its subfolders. The folder will 'jump' in the folder panel from the 'old' disk to the 'new' disk that will now also show in the panel. If you have more than one top folder, you have to repeat this for each of them. That's all. If heard a few times that people needed to restart Lightroom before the new folder appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back