• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Effects pop-up in Develop Adjustment Brush??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Dott

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lr Classic Ver. 9.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm studying in the Missing FAQ Ver. 7 2018. On page 242 under "How to use Adjustment Brush?", paragraph 3 states "There's a selection of presets in the Effects pop-up..." but the paragraph doesn't state where the Effects pop-up is located. I'm in Develop with the Adjustment Brush selected. I couldn't find anything in the drop downs in the upper left. It wasn't in the Presets in the left panel. Clicking on the word "Effect" in the Options panel did nothing and Effects isn't listed in the Options panel. I'd especially like to use the Burn, Dodge, etc presets mentioned but can't find the pop-up. My Adjustment Brush Options panel looks exactly like the Options panel shown on page 242 (Figure 12.44). Any ideas. Rick

To the right of the word 'Effect:' there's a dropdown list - shown with scrolling triangles. On the screenshot I have here, I selected Exposure. On the example in the book, it says 'Custom'

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 07.54.09.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 07.54.09.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 131
OK -- Thanks a lot. I was clicking on Effect: when I should have been clicking on Custom. You're referencing the 2020 version of Classic CC FAQ. I was reading the 2018 release. Rick

You're referencing the 2020 version of Classic CC FAQ. I was reading the 2018 release. Rick
No, the 2018 printed copy and the updated eBook have exactly the same screenshot. I attached a personal screenshot I took so as to easily see the dropdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back