• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

Effective way of selecting files in another folder

PhilGF

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
When I get photos sent to me to work on, I also get a folder of the photos that were worked on already, they are using Bridge and Ps. So all I get are the files.

Is there a way I can filter out these files from my import? I don't think anything would be automatic. I need to import the photos then look inside this other folder to determine by their files name which ones to ignore or delete. Since there is no list view in Lr I hate to dig over the thumbview for the file name.

Just thinking there must be a easier way. BTW, I'm using a PC.

Thanks,
Phil

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
So what are you wanting to end up with? They send you a folder on some JPEGs plus a folder of loads of raw files, and you want to select the raws that have matching JPEGs?

PhilGF

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
They send me the RAW images, I import them into Lr. However in a subfolder labeled "done" they have the same RAW files with their sidecar file that were completed with Bridge & Ps. I'm trying to compare files from the done folder to the rest so I can easily avoid duplicating done work.

They certainly are making this difficult to do!

Thanks

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Ah, ok, there might be a really easy solution then. Give the 'done' folder a star rating or color label and write the metadata back to the xmp files. Then select all of the xmp files and COPY them into the originals folder. Then import the originals, or read the metadata from the files. You'd need to select all and reset the Develop settings, but all of the worked on files would have star ratings, making them quick and easy to identify.