• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Editing with Presets

Status
Not open for further replies.

contact

Jesse
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Adobe Creative Cloud
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello!

I’m really hoping I can get some answers. I’ve been editing with Presets on Lightroom for a while but noticed when I tried to print a photo via Walmart’s website or Walgreens, the tones from preset are gone and I’m left with only any changes made to the exposure. I don’t have photos to attach at the moment but I’m hoping I can get some answers as to why this happens. I shoot in RAW and convert to JPEG and save as JPEG as well. Photos posted on my website and online are fine but there’s been other platforms I try to upload photos to and end up with this issue.

Presets are nothing but a semi-automated way of setting sliders, so I don't see any explanation how or why this could happen. You'll need to supply us with some examples.

By the way: 'Adobe Creative Cloud' is not a Lightroom version. Please also tell us which version you use.

Also you need to understand that Lightroom is a parametric editor. This means that original file is not changed as you make any kind of edit in Lightroom. So if you edit in Lightroom and then send the original to Wallgreens none of you edits will be there and Walgreens is likely to make their own color corrections.

In order to have your edits included you need to Export all the images first. You should consider these "temporary" copies use only for the purpose of printing. Your original is still on your hard drive and the edits are still in the Lightroom catalog.

-louie

Presets are nothing but a semi-automated way of setting sliders, so I don't see any explanation how or why this could happen. You'll need to supply us with some examples.

By the way: 'Adobe Creative Cloud' is not a Lightroom version. Please also tell us which version you use.

Sorry, I use Lightroom Classic CC. The one that COMES with the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app. I’ll attach a photo of how it is with the preset and a photo of how it is when I upload it to certain platforms or when I try to print.
FDA46B0F-0DDD-4F86-95F9-73EDD4B165CA.jpeg

8A8D53FA-7119-4514-BD7C-7A11604C9E38.jpeg

How do you create the photo to upload? Like Louie already explained, Lightroom does not alter the original. So to upload a photo to an online service you need to export a jpeg copy. Make sure you select sRGB as color space for such a photo.

This looks like photo recorded in Adobe RGB colorspace but displayed as sRGB. As johan said, be sure to export as sRGB.
Larger Colorspace (like Adobe RGB) must be used only if you are sure the destination is color managed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back