• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Are you ever disappointed with your photos? Do you get frustrated when you’re editing because you’ve been told to move certain sliders, but never been told WHY? Do you wish you could transform your photos without having to spend hours in front of the computer? In my new book, Adobe Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro, you’ll learn:
    • how to to analyze a photo like a pro, saving you hours of frustration.
    • WHY you might want to move specific sliders, instead of just following recipes.
    • what the sliders are doing behind the scenes.
    • how to use sliders together, instead of in isolation, so you can get the optimal result
    The book is based on the cloud-native Lightroom CC desktop and mobile apps, but the principles also apply to Lightroom 6 and Lightroom Classic. The sliders are arranged into slightly different panels, but there's an included PDF that shows you where to find them in Lightroom Classic/6.

Editing with Presets

contact

Jesse
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version
Adobe Creative Cloud
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello!

I’m really hoping I can get some answers. I’ve been editing with Presets on Lightroom for a while but noticed when I tried to print a photo via Walmart’s website or Walgreens, the tones from preset are gone and I’m left with only any changes made to the exposure. I don’t have photos to attach at the moment but I’m hoping I can get some answers as to why this happens. I shoot in RAW and convert to JPEG and save as JPEG as well. Photos posted on my website and online are fine but there’s been other platforms I try to upload photos to and end up with this issue.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Presets are nothing but a semi-automated way of setting sliders, so I don't see any explanation how or why this could happen. You'll need to supply us with some examples.

By the way: 'Adobe Creative Cloud' is not a Lightroom version. Please also tell us which version you use.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Also you need to understand that Lightroom is a parametric editor. This means that original file is not changed as you make any kind of edit in Lightroom. So if you edit in Lightroom and then send the original to Wallgreens none of you edits will be there and Walgreens is likely to make their own color corrections.

In order to have your edits included you need to Export all the images first. You should consider these "temporary" copies use only for the purpose of printing. Your original is still on your hard drive and the edits are still in the Lightroom catalog.

-louie

contact

Jesse
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Presets are nothing but a semi-automated way of setting sliders, so I don't see any explanation how or why this could happen. You'll need to supply us with some examples.

By the way: 'Adobe Creative Cloud' is not a Lightroom version. Please also tell us which version you use.
Sorry, I use Lightroom Classic CC. The one that COMES with the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app. I’ll attach a photo of how it is with the preset and a photo of how it is when I upload it to certain platforms or when I try to print.
FDA46B0F-0DDD-4F86-95F9-73EDD4B165CA.jpeg

8A8D53FA-7119-4514-BD7C-7A11604C9E38.jpeg

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
How do you create the photo to upload? Like Louie already explained, Lightroom does not alter the original. So to upload a photo to an online service you need to export a jpeg copy. Make sure you select sRGB as color space for such a photo.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
This looks like photo recorded in Adobe RGB colorspace but displayed as sRGB. As johan said, be sure to export as sRGB.
Larger Colorspace (like Adobe RGB) must be used only if you are sure the destination is color managed.