Editing Raw Files - exporting as jpegs - images look different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photofan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hello

I take all my images in RAW, painstakingly edit to improve exposure/colour balance etc in LR5 on a calibrated Mac monitor and then export them as jpegs. I then upload them to Photobox to compile photobooks or have prints.

They usually appear much darker when in Photobox and often the prints are muddy and lack contrast - which makes all the time I have spent editing a waste.

Photobox say that Adobe software strips the exif header data when it exports to jpeg and I get this problem even when I tick the option to include all metadata on export.

Please can someone tell me the export settings to use to ensure that the metadata is all intact as Photobox have advised me that unedited images are better!

Thanks

What color space are you choosing when exporting the files. If the printing service is not indicating what it should be then sRGB is the safest choice. See the screen capture.
attachment.php

Attachments

• PhotoColorSpace..jpg
    PhotoColorSpace..jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 453
Last edited by a moderator:
When you calibrate your monitor, how bright are you setting it? It may simply be a case that your screen is calibrated too bright to match prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back