• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Edited files in Lightroom Mobile v3.21

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Horne

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC 2108 and Lightroom Mobile version 3.21
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
  2. iOS
Hi all. This is my first time posting to this forum.

I just returned from a road trip from my home in Burbank CA to Portland, OR with multiple stops in between both going there and coming back. I shot over 800 photos during this trip. In an effort to work efficiently and lighten my load during this trip I left my MacBook Pro at home and traveled with only my iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, Lightroom Mobile and a WD My Passport Wireless SSD. At the end of each day's shoot, I downloaded my photos on to the WD Wireless SSD. Then ,scanning through the photos on the WD, I would pick a few to edit in LR Mobile. i would Open them from the WD into LR Mobile and begin my editing.

During the course of the trip I edited 105 raw photos in LR Mobile. Yesterday I returned home and synced the 105 edited files to my Lightroom Classic CC 2018 desktop version. The were synced to a Collection Set called From Lr mobile in a Collection titled 2018 Portland Road Trip.

So here's my question. I'm now ready to upload/import all of the 800+ photos from the WD Wireless SSD to a collection on my desktop Lighroom Classic CC titled 2018 Portland Trip. What happens to the 105 photos I edited in LR Mobile and are now synced to LR Classic CC? Do they get overwritten by the import of all files from the WD drive? In other words do the 105 edited raw files get overwritten by the import of the original raw files?

Thank you in advance for you help.

David

Hi David, welcome to the forum! Sorry for the delay replying.

The existing 105 wouldn't getting overwritten. It may even be smart enough to recognize that some of the 800 are duplicates of photos that already exist, and skip importing them a second time. Worst case scenario, it'll import them a second time and you can just delete the unedited duplicates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back