• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

"Edit Like a Pro" - More on Contents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclarkw

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm looking for more detail specifically on how to use the Lightroom Camera in LrM for iPhone. I've read through the free "Lightroom Classic & Mobile – Travel Workflow," but there isn't much there, nor anywhere else that I've found. (I don't need to know how to edit in LrM, since I do all my work in LrC on desktop; and I already found out hoe to import and export through the "Cloud.") How much detail on the camera is there in the "Edit Like a Pro" book? Enough to justify buying the book? -- jclarkw

What kind of details are you looking for @jclarkw ? There's not a vast amount to say, although looking at it, there's a few bits I can probably describe in more detail in the next update.

What kind of details are you looking for @jclarkw ? There's not a vast amount to say, although looking at it, there's a few bits I can probably describe in more detail in the next update.
Details of what actually happens in the various modes and settings. (I'm currently running vs. 8.0.1 on the iPhone 13 Pro. Perhaps the 14 Pro would behave the same?). Here are a few specific questions:

1) The Pro mode seems self-explanatory except for the [+] ("focus") control. I see green borders around stuff that seem to move closer or further away in the "view finder" when the slider is moved, but the meaning of the 0 - 100% scale is unclear. Is actual focus change happening, just artificial blurring of "not-in-focus" targets (e.g., "portrait mode"), or some of both? (I notice that a similar effect can be obtained by tapping the screen to produce a yellow box and "Locked Focus" notification.) I can't seem to find an infinity focus at either end of this scale.

By the way, is a shorter tap on the screen in Pro mode, producing a white box, supposed to be setting the exposure for that region or something else?

2) What additional information is saved in an xxx-hdr.dng file, about 30% larger than the corresponding xxx.dng file? Is this additional information useful for editing in LrC or in any other way?

3) When in "Depth-Capture" mode, the camera apparently switches to the telephoto-only lens. Any explanation for this? Is it intended to simulate "Portrait Mode" in the iOS Camera app, or is there some other application that can be accessed in LrC for the resulting "depth mask?"

No doubt there will be more... -- jclarkw

Great questions, I'll drop you an email and we can take this further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back