Edit in Photoshop, LR file on NAS, LR confused by location on return from PS.

Woodbutcher

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 10.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 11.0 Big Sur
Okay, the title says a lot. My workflow is that my current year photos live on my internal drive along with my LR catalog. Previous years live on a network storage device and I have smart previews for almost all the the network files so I don't have the NAS on unless I'm editing. MacOS Big Sur, current version. Current LR and PS too. Just double checked. If I edit, in LR, a local file, then use "Edit in Photoshop" and edit and save, it shows up in the same folder with the original in Lightroom and on the internal disk. If I do the same thing with a network drive file (NAS is on for this because it has to be) then when I save, it physically writes the PSD file in the correct folder on the NAS, but shows the file in the LR library on my internal drive with the ? saying it can't find the file. So I have to use the locate file, which works. Then I also need to click the metadata sync button and have it read from disk.

So basically, something is wonky in the return trip to LR from Photoshop. I did some searching and didn't see any similar reports. Any one else see this? If it is known to Adobe I'll be patient. Otherwise I'll report it.