• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

"Edit in Photoshop Elements" not working if multiple files selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveT

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hello,

Two related problems:

(1) If I try to bring an individual photo from LR 5.7 into PSE 13 using Photo -> Edit In -> Edit In Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor, it works fine. Not having such luck when working with multiple files selected in LR. If I have 5 photos selected in LR, then try the same thing, it loads PSE and the first of the 5 photos, but not the others. Shouldn't it open all 5 of them?

(2) Ideally, I want to open the multiple photo files as layers in PSE. If I select the 5 photo files in LR, then try Photo -> Edit In -> Open as Layers in Photoshop, it launches PSE 13, but then after a couple of minutes, I get the message "The files could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor could not be launched". It does launch PSE, but no files or layers or opened.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks :)

Agreed, 2015.8 fixed the the Open as Layers in Photoshop issue for me. Hope it fixes the OP's issue with Elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back