• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

'Edit in Photoshop' does not include Lightroom adjustments in Classic CC 7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SethC

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi there,

When using the 'Edit in Photoshop CC' dialogue from within Lightroom the image that opens in PS CC does not include all the adjustments that I have made in LR CC. I noticed it when opening a black and white image - it simply opens as a colour image.

Some of the adjustments are visible - e.g. when I open a colour image with a crazy white balance adjustment it is copied over to photoshop. However, even with the colour images, there are slight differences - for example the files when opened in photoshop do have slightly more contrtast, and a lower black point (a less faded tone curve).

I've included 2 examples - the colour image on the left in both examples is the 'edited in photoshop' version, I simply opened it and immediately saved it.

In the 2nd example I have adjusted the exposure to make it over exposed and to demonstrate that at least some of the adjustments are being recognised during the transfer to PS.

I have 2 computers - a desktop (retina imac 2017) and a laptop (macbook pro, 2012) - the problem is the same on both computers.

Maybe significant - I noticed this after upgrading both machines to mac OS high sierra... although I'm not certain exactly when the problem started.

I just upgraded to the latest PS version (and ACR) to see if that made a difference (it didn't) - but I haven't upgraded to the latest LR yet.

If anyone can help that would be great - it's driving me mad.

Regards,
Seth

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 334
  • 2 increased exposure.jpg
    2 increased exposure.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 347
This problem is usually due to profile mismatches, especially with the new profiles. You say you updated to the latest versions of PS, but you also say that the version of Lightroom that you use is 7.2. The latest version of Lightroom Classic is 7.5 however and that could be exactly the problem. Lightroom Classic 7.2 still uses the old profiles, while Photoshop/ACR updated to the latest version uses the new profiles.

Thanks for the reply...

I did originally update LR to 7.3 when that was released but it caused me huge problems with presets and profiles. I was unable to solve these issues so in the end I reverted back to 7.2... I've held off updating ever since simply because I can't afford for my workflow to be disrupted so severely.

I'm not 100% certain but I think I have had all the latest PS version since April (the 7.3 update equivalent)... anyway, I guess I will upgrade LR on one of my machines and see if it solves things. I'll let you know.

Hi Johan,
OK, I updated LR on my laptop and... GREAT... it works . Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back