• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

"Edit in Photoshop" command not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidAL

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I've happily used the "Edit in ... Photoshop" command in Lightroom Classic for a couple of years. In the last couple of months, however, while it opens the selected image in Photoshop, all the edit commands in Photoshop are greyed-out and inoperable. I can produce an editable image only if I start by opening Photoshop and finding the image with its own "Open" command. This is a tedious, back-to-front way to work. There is no problem if I use Lightroom's "Edit in ..." command to open the image in Silver Efex Pro2. I have updated to the latest versions of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop but the problem persists.

Has anyone met the same problem and found a way to deal with it?

It's a known bug. In PS close the file, then send it again from LR. Or open PS before sending the file from LR.

It’s a common bug. That’s why I don’t use Photoshop. There are a lot of glitches and it takes a lot of place on the desktop. I prefer this tool to enhance image quality. It allows to separately enhance many different elements inside a photo. Moreover, you can apply edits to only certain parts of the image, giving you ultimate control over your photos.

This thread is about a specific problem. Depending on one's needs, one might have other reasons for not using Photoshop, but it's ludicrous to say this bug is a reason not to use it.

Thank you for the comments and advice. It seems that opening Photoshop first and keeping it running in the background, in case I need to take an image there from Lightroom, solves the problem. I just have to remember to do this!

Or when it happens, just close the file in PS without saving, go back to LR and send it again.

You can also disable the Home screen in Preferences, but then you lose the Home screen. Fair enough if you don't like the Home screen in any case, but I'd rather not disable a feature that I like.

Reinstallation in the sense of "update to the current version". It's fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back