• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

EDIT in choices missing since 8.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

hman

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
When I right click on an image and choose EDIT IN, all of the prior options in older LR versions (NIK, Luminar, etc.) are not there. How do I fix this? Thanks

Go into Prefrences - External Editing and re-estasblish the links to the applications.

When I right click on an image and choose EDIT IN, all of the prior options in older LR versions (NIK, Luminar, etc.) are not there. How do I fix this? Thanks

Hi hman,

The external editors settings are stored in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\External Editor Presets (assuming Windows). So if you have a backup of your system made prior to the 8.3 update, just restore that folder and you'll be done. This will be easier than rebuilding all presets.

Thank you. I have that folder which is mostly NIK. How do I "restore" the folder? Here's a screenshot.
Ext Editors.JPG

How do I "restore" the folder?

OK. Are you telling me that you are not seeing the external editors that are listed above when you use the Edit in... command ? Or just some of them ? Or no editor at all ? Please make sure that you are logged in with the corresponding account. Are you seeing the same folder when entering C:\%APPDATA%\Adobe\Lightroom\External Editor Presets in the File Explorer address bar ?

Lightroom should automatically load all the external editor presets stored in that folder which is specific to each user. If you are logged in with another account, the list might indeed be empty. Do you see them when you open the Preferences dialog and go to the External Editing tab ?

If you are logged in with the correct account, and all the presets are in the correct folder, and you still see no external editor when using the Edit in... command, then there's a problem with LR itself that we can investigate later.

I found ext editor files elsewhere and copied to the folder C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\External Editor Presets, closed LR and restarted. Edit in still does not contain anything but Silver Efex. I am in the correct and only account. Here's that folder after I copied and pasted:

Ext Editors 2.JPG

OK. Could you please add all the .lrtemplate files that are stored in this folder to a ZIP archive and make it available via Dropbox or a similar service ? I'd like to have a look. Maybe they have been corrupted.

You could also try to restore these files from your system disk backup as I suggested above but I can't give you an exact procedure unless I know how you are creating your backups. But having a look at the files will be interesting anyway, so please send the ZIP archive before possibly restoring the files from your backup.

I found ext editor files elsewhere and copied to the folder C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\External Editor Presets

The "External Editor Presets" folder should only contain external editor presets, as its name implies. It seems that you have copied there other preset types like plugins or settings presets. They do not belong to this folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back