• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Lightroom Classic users who are running 13.3... 13.3.1 is now out with the following bug fixes:
    1. Location fields go missing after syncing the images
    2. Map Search is not returning a result
    3. There are no notifications for new likes in 13.3
    4. Crash while applying Remove on Windows
    5. When editing with Smart Previews instead of Originals, the source heal/clone area cannot be moved
    6. Mismatch between the brush size and the mask created
    There are still outstanding new bugs, mostly around sync and writing to XMP, so if these are essential in your workflow, you may want to stick to 13.2 for now. See the list at the top of our blog post for more details.

Edit capture time by 10.5 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

celeste

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
I need to adjust the capture time on a lot images by 10.5 hours. The Metadata-->Edit capture time only allows whole numbers (thanks, India, for the weird time zone!). Is there a way to do this inside of LR? I know I could download exif tool, but I'd like to do internal to LR if possilble. Thanks.

Solution
Use the first option (adjust to a specified date and time) rather than use the time-zone adjust, i.e. select all the images, click on the first option, change the corrected time to be 10.5 hours before/after the original time, and all the other selected images will have their capture time adjusted by the same amount.
Use the first option (adjust to a specified date and time) rather than use the time-zone adjust, i.e. select all the images, click on the first option, change the corrected time to be 10.5 hours before/after the original time, and all the other selected images will have their capture time adjusted by the same amount.

Solution
North American and European software developers seem blissfully unaware that 17% of the world's population live in a time zone that's not an integral number of hours shifted from UTC. But with so much international software development occurring in India now, I don't think product developers would make such a mistake again.

[Dan gets on soapbox] And, if the median age of the developers and app designers were over 25 many such mistakes would be avoided. But high tech persistes in demanding 'younger is better' in their hireing parctices and don't even look at resumes for anyone over 30.

[Dan gets on soapbox] And, if the median age of the developers and app designers were over 25 many such mistakes would be avoided. But high tech persistes in demanding 'younger is better' in their hireing parctices and don't even look at resumes for anyone over 30.
FWIW, I enjoyed the last few years working with the young whippersnappers (they helped keep me young), but with the changes in the software industry since the pandemic, I'm really happy I retired 2 years ago. I think my employer appreciated my 40+ years of experience, but as you suggest, I doubt anyone would be willing to hire me now.

I'm retired after 40 yearss in IT. As you say, it's good to have the 20 somethings around to keep pace with the new technology and supply high energy (and ludicrious work hours) but also need a few 'elders' at the party to bring historical perspective and to help prevent the newer folks from making the same mistakes again that we made in the 70's and 80's when IT was a new thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back