Status
Not open for further replies.

wtremmel

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hello,

for whatever strange reason I cannot set the capture date of a photo to 7th September 1969. Neither by entering the year directly (only 196 is show) nor by using arrow up/down on the year. 1970, 1968, no problem. But no 1969 (1966 also not possible).
Any ideas?

best regards
Wolfgang

This looks like a bug. I could not set any date before 2000. And after I got the 969 date, I could only set one digit Making the year 6 or 9 but not 69 or any valid year.
There is a link at the top of this page for reporting bugs, Would you please report it and I will add a confirming response to your report.

Although it doesn't display the year correctly it appears to recognise it. I tested with 1969 and, even though it displayed 196, it correctly saved it to the photo as 1969

Greg

Although it doesn't display the year correctly it appears to recognise it. I tested with 1969 and, even though it displayed 196, it correctly saved it to the photo as 1969

Greg
The Metadata panel shows exactly what the Edit Capture Date dialog shows.

The Metadata panel shows exactly what the Edit Capture Date dialog shows.

Yes, in my case the date is correctly reflected in the metadata panel as 1969 while 196 displays in the capture date edit dialogue.

Yes, in my case the date is correctly reflected in the metadata panel as 1969 while 196 displays in the capture date edit dialogue.

confirmed - I can enter "1970" in the dialog, use "arrow down" to change it to "196" and then hit enter and it gets saved as 1969

It also works without using the arrows. So long as you type 1969, even though it displays 196, it will correctly save 1969 as the year. Using the increment/decrement function, though, is a good way to confirm it was typed in correctly or to ensure entry without making mistakes (until it's fixed...)

So it seems to be a display issue with the dialogue.

I put in a bug report and it came back as an Apple bug, so hopefully they'll fix it before too long.

I have just loaded 10.11.2 and the issue appears to be resolved...

I have just loaded 10.11.2 and the issue appears to be resolved...
Thanks for the reminder and thank for checking this out. Yes 10.11.2 does correct the issue One never knows if this is an Apple problem or an Adobe problem I'm glad that Apple put out the update or we would have still been wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back