Edit as layer in PS Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

eileen_cpa

Lightroom Version Number
LR6
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi, I use Mac Version 10.12.6, LR6 and PS elements 15. I try to edit as layers in PS from LR but the option for "Open as Layers in Photoshop" was grayed out. Any idea why this option is not available ? Thanks in advance.
IMG_4900.jpg

Photoshop And Photoshop Elements are two separate profucts. The non clickable menu items are for Photoshop only not Photoshop Elements.

Photoshop And Photoshop Elements are two separate profucts. The non clickable menu items are for Photoshop only not Photoshop Elements.
Thanks. because I saw someone also asked this question. He uses Elements ( I might be wrong) and had same problem. But after he reset the preference in LR which solved the problem. I also did that step, did not work. It might be my mistake.

I just revisited my LrC Edit In menu. I don't know if Photoshop Elements v15 supports layers BUT to activate the "Open as Layers in Photoshop", you need to have multiple images selected in Lightroom (One image per Layer).
If I open a single image from LrC in Photoshop it will appear as a single layer (if it contains a single layer) when in Photoshop. Once in Photoshop I can create multiple layers. and the derivative images returned to Lightroom Classic will retain the layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back