Ed Wilson - Katmandu

Status
Not open for further replies.

katmandu

Well, I'm the guy that lives upstairs; Ian's roommate. My first camera was a 11' flipflash; I got a Pentax K1''' when I was 15 and kept it until 2'''. When it finally died, I replaced it with a ZX-5'. I didn't transition to digital until 2''6 with a Canon 2'D. Like Ian, I'm also in law enforcement; and don't really dedicate the time I should to this hobby, so consider me an extreme amateur in all respects! I was also confirmed Windows user for 2' years until this past March, when I purchased my first Mac.

I still have my K1''', That's why I'm still shooting Pentax. I then got a ZM-5'? which I since sold. I still use two of the lenses form that. Sigma 75-3'' and Sigma 175-5''.

My main is 24-135 2.8-4.1

Don

I wish I still had it... manual everything makes you really think about what you're doing. I ended up selling the ZX-5' and lenses I had because at the time Pentax didn't really have a comparable digital SLR. Now, of course, they've really improved the line; but I'm in the boat of having too many Canon lenses to afford switching again.

Well If I didn't already have the Sigma Lenses for Pentax, I'd probably have a Canon!

Don

Now, now Don!!
Sorry for speaking the truth. I have had my eye on both, but if I had the money I would likely get a high end Canon DSLR and the 6'' 4.' lens for Nature shooting.

Not gonna happen though, unless I win the lottery!

LOL

:)
Don

Sorry for speaking the truth. I have had my eye on both, but if I had the money I would likely get a high end Canon DSLR and the 6'' 4.' lens for Nature shooting.

Not gonna happen though, unless I win the lottery!

LOL

:)
Don

You have seen some D3 images ??

No, but since I'm not actually in the market, a sales pitch is no help. LOL

By the time I may be in the market, it will be a whole new ball game again, all around.

Don

No, but since I'm not actually in the market, a sales pitch is no help. LOL

By the time I may be in the market, it will be a whole new ball game again, all around.

Don
LOL.......
I just appreciate that I can still use all of my manual lenses on the latest models. It would be good to see how my 15mm goes on the D3, but I can't afford one.

Same with my Pentax D. Only I sold most of them. I do have a 28mm 2.5 Manual I should try sometime.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back