• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Easiest way to filter All Photos for "pics captured after a particular date"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichAC

Lightroom Version Number
Cloudy 6.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Hi gang. I'm probably missing something really obvious here. I need to filter my "All Photos" view to only see photos taken after a certain date (let's say 1st November for argument's sake).

I know I can sort All Photos by capture date and then scroll through the list until I get to the first one taken after 1st November, but that feels awkward. I was hoping there was a way to only display images taken after a particular date.

Looking at the filtering bar first, I don't have "capture date" as an option to filter on. Turning to the search bar, the "canned" search options don't include capture date (I assume it would be in the "metadata" subsection). I tried a natural language search of "captured after 1st November 2022" which returned zero results - and there are definitely images there which should match.

Is there a way to do this?

Yeah, easy way actually. On the left, if the section under All Photos is opened up, there's a By Date option. That lets you show by year... and then if you click the arrow it shows months. So you can just select 2022 > November & December to show everything shot in those months.

See? I knew I was missing something simple. Thanks @Victoria Bampton !

Is the "By Date" option capture date, or date added?
"By Date" is capture date order.

"Recently Added" is date added (but only shows the last 5 imports). But there's also an "Import Date" sort option available in the grid.

there's a By Date option. That lets you show by year... and then if you click the arrow it shows months.
Just as an aside, does anyone else find it strange that the years are shown in descending order (i.e. reverse chronological order), but the months and days are displayed in ascending order? Every time I open it up I find it annoying ... but maybe it's just me?

Johan, this thread is about Lightroom desktop, not Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back