Status
Not open for further replies.

davidedric

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
This is just a thread asking about your opinions.

Let's take Missing FAQ's as an example. I've only had Victoria's e-books. The advantages seem obvious: always there, easily transportable, searchable, easily updatable, and so on (and a bit cheaper).
However, I certainly find it easier to browse through a real physical book, to slip back and to between pages, and somehow to absorb things better.

As another example, I have a real book copy of Jeff Schewe's "Digital Negative" from 2013, I think. As Lightroom developed, I decided on getting the new edition electronically, and it just doesn't work as well for me.

So, I think next time I buy a new copy of the FAQ's, I'll go for the paper and e-book bundle.

What do you do? And, Victoria, if you are reading this, what do you find most of your customers opt for?

Regards, Dave

For the Classic one, I'd lean more towards paperback, as the updates are more limited in range. For the CC one, I'd go eBooks.

I haven't checked numbers recently, but gut feeling it's about 40% paperbacks / 60% eBooks overall.

I have bought 2 of Victoria’s books (they are great) - and both times I bought the e-book/paperback bundle - I like to read a real paperback, but the e-book is handy for reading on the train. It’s the best of both worlds !

This is just a thread asking about your opinions.

Let's take Missing FAQ's as an example. I've only had Victoria's e-books. The advantages seem obvious: always there, easily transportable, searchable, easily updatable, and so on (and a bit cheaper).
However, I certainly find it easier to browse through a real physical book, to slip back and to between pages, and somehow to absorb things better.

As another example, I have a real book copy of Jeff Schewe's "Digital Negative" from 2013, I think. As Lightroom developed, I decided on getting the new edition electronically, and it just doesn't work as well for me.

So, I think next time I buy a new copy of the FAQ's, I'll go for the paper and e-book bundle.

What do you do? And, Victoria, if you are reading this, what do you find most of your customers opt for?

Regards, Dave
Dave,

My house is overflowing with paper books. It seems that if I buy some new ones, I need to clear out some old books or something else, to make space.

For Victoria's books, I prefer the e-book even for LR Classic ("earthy" ?) FAQ. Victoria seems to be revising that FAQ every two months, with Adobe's dot releases. Also when I'm travelling, I like to have Victoria's books (and other reference books) handy, and the only practical way to "carry around" those books is in my laptop.

For most books, I still do prefer printed books, despite the space problem.

Phil

The nice thing about the ebooks is that, like your camera manual, you can carry it with you in a laptop, phone, or iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back