• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Duplicate (Phantom?) entries in catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gi2

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 7.4 [ 1176617 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have two sets of folders listed in my Lightroom catalog. Both include the same images, each has a different folder structure. I recently moved Lightroom to a new computer, and also began using OneDrive. I have tried removing the second set of folders from Lightroom, but they come back again, apparently (but not for sure) when I import photos into Lightroom.

The second set of folders as fewer sub folders than the first set. Way fewer. The first set is correct.

@Jim Wilde, the paths for these three folders are
X:\Photo Library\PHOTOS GO HERE (this one, and only this one, shows in Finder)
X:\Photo Library\Photos go here
X:\Photo Library\Photos Go Here

(The drive letter has changed since I wrote previously, from F: to a permanent assignment of X)

Laura, which folder did you try to update the location for? You said "pgh", but which one is that.....I see 2 x PGH (one all caps, one only the first letter of each word is caps) and one Pgh, I don't see a "pgh". And at which point did the error message appear? After the first update to "Temp Lr", or after the second one back to "PHOTOS GO HERE"?

I'm also confused as to how the drive letter has changed, and how LR was able to deal with that in view of the fact that 2 out of 3 paths are invalid. TBH, I'm beginning to worry that you might have a corrupt catalog there, as the "normal" capitalisation problem doesn't show the same photo count for each of the 3 duplicate folders.

I think the first thing I would do is get rid of the faux "F:" top level folder (which is presumably now "X:"?) by doing "Hide This Parent", as this might be confusing things. Then try the "Update Folder Location" trick again on the "Photos Go Here" folder. If that works it would be interesting to see an updated screenshot at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back