• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Duplicate Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnieSue

home base-Surprise, Az but we travel the country-o
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
lightroom classic CC 8.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi,
i want to make a 100% duplicate copy of my catalogue and photos on my macbook pro. I currently have my catalogue on my IMAC hard drive, and my photos on an external HD.
i want to be able to access the entire catalogue and photos on my macbook pro, with my photos i on a second external HD. i'm thinking i need to first create a duplicate catalogue on my Macbook internal HD, then get the photos from my current external hd to the new external hd. i just am not sure how to do those 2 steps. thank you

Hi,
i want to make a 100% duplicate copy of my catalogue and photos on my macbook pro. I currently have my catalogue on my IMAC hard drive, and my photos on an external HD.
i want to be able to access the entire catalogue and photos on my macbook pro, with my photos i on a second external HD. i'm thinking i need to first create a duplicate catalogue on my Macbook internal HD, then get the photos from my current external hd to the new external hd. i just am not sure how to do those 2 steps. thank you
Hi,
Victoria has an excellent writeup that will get you to your goal. How do I move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen. If you do create that second catalog, just be aware that you can't just do work on both catalogs at the same time. There is no MERGE function in Lightroom that will combine changes from two catalogs into one.

There are plenty of threads on this forum about "travel catalogs." You might find those useful.

Phil Burton

You can move the catalogue to the ED share it between both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back